Home/Language Selection

Birth certificate translation

Marriage Certificate Translation

Divorce Decree Translation

Diploma-Transcript translation

Police Report Translation

Passport Translation

Apostille translation

Driver License Translation

Child Adoption Agreement Translation

"I thank you so much! Translation looks outstanding and has arrived in good time for my appointment with immigration lawyer later today." Pamela M. - New York, NY 10128





"Certified" translation of your documents for U.S. Immigration (USCIS)

Since 1982

Immigration News

How-To Videos

Immigration translation articles

"I appreciate your professionalism in translating my Russian marriage certificate for USCIS." Bakhrom V. - Reston, VA 20190





USCIS Certification Requirement

Federal Requirements for Certified Translation

Requirements for “certified translation” are stated in Federal Regulations 8 CFR 103.2 b 2 relating to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Immigration Regulations/Powers and Duties – Availability of Records and read as follows:

"(3) Translations. Any document containing foreign language submitted to the Service shall be accompanied by a full English language translation which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator’s certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English."

We prepare our certification (Certification by Translator) in accordance with these federal regulations.

Certified translation of your documents for U.S. Immigration offices, passport agencies, and other public and private agencies

What is certified translation  for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services - USCIS or BCIS (formerly Immigration and Naturalization Services - INS)?

Most people get confused with the word "certified." Some ask for "certified translator" while many rightly ask for "certified translation."  As we explain at translation for immigration the translation --not the translator-- needs to be certified.

Here's what the USCIS website has the following requirement for translation of immigration documents:

§ 1003.33 Translation of documents.

Any foreign language document offered by a party in a proceeding shall be accompanied by an English language translation and a certification signed by the translator that must be printed legibly or typed. Such certification must include a statement that the translator is competent to translate the document, and that the translation is true and accurate to the best of the translator's abilities.

We certify our translation in a format as stipulated by the USCIS. There is no mention of "certified translator" "notarization" or "notarized translation" in the statement above. The translator must certify the translation. And, we do certify each translated documents, one-by-one.

Please check specific requirements of the USCIS in your application forms. Some documents such as police/criminal records, fingerprints, etc. from some countries may require notarization in addition to certification (LND OF-169 April 2008).

How do we certify?

We print our "Certification by Translator" statement on our corporate letterhead, sign it, and affix our raised corporate seal and stamps.

Which documents need to be certified?

We translate and certify the following documents: birth certificates, marriage licenses, diplomas, transcripts, police records, certificates of being single, academic credentials, letters of reference, title deeds, insurance papers, invoices, name change documents, and many other documents issued by official agencies in your native country.