Home/Language Selection

Korean birth certificate translation

Korean translation for immigration



Birth certificate translation

Marriage Certificate Translation

Divorce Decree Translation

Diploma-Transcript translation

Police Report Translation

Passport Translation

Apostille translation

Driver License Translation

Child Adoption Agreement Translation

"I thank you so much! Translation looks outstanding and has arrived in good time for my appointment with immigration lawyer later today." Pamela M. - New York, NY 10128


"Certified" translation of your documents for U.S. Immigration (USCIS)

Since 1982

Immigration News

How-To Videos

Immigration translation articles

"I appreciate your professionalism in translating my Russian marriage certificate for USCIS." Bakhrom V. - Reston, VA 20190



Korean to English Translation of Marriage Certificate by Professional Korean-English Translators

Translate your Korean marriage license from Korean to English and have it certified to meet requirements of the USCIS

You need "certified" English translation of your Korean marriage certificate to submit it to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly, Immigration and Naturalization ServiceINS) for your Green Card (permanent resident visa), American citizenship, passport, and other applications.

Korean to English translation by a third-party, independent professional translation service

Translate your Korean Report and Certificate of Marriage to English: Your Korean marriage certificate is important document in applying for your Green Card, U.S. citizenship, or American passport.

Contents of Korean marriage licenses

Marriage in South Korea is a civil procedure. Religious ceremony is not accepted as legal marriage.

A typical South Korean Report and Certificate of Marriage contains spouse’s (husband of wife) first, middle, and last name, maiden name of woman, and spouse’s father’s and mother’s name, name of issuing agency and place of registration, name and title of signing officer.

Who issues marriage certificates in Korea?

Korean Family Census Register (Hojuk Dungbon) keeps all records of births, deaths, and marriages. Korean identification card (Jumin Deungnok Jeung) is required to get married in South Korea.

Divorce decree from a family court is required if one of the spouses has been married and divorced in the past. For instance, family registry attested copy was issued by the Head of Chong-ro District, Metropolitan City of Seoul.

Legal basis for "certified" English translation of your Korean marriage license

We prepare our certification per U.S. government requirements (Federal Regulations 8 CFR 103.2 b 2 relating to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Immigration Regulations/Powers and Duties – Availability of Records).

You need “certified translation” of your Korean marriage certificate in hard copy

USCIS, National Visa Center (NVC), U.S. Passport Agency, and many other public and private organizations require “certified translation” of your Korean report and certificate of marriage by a third-party, independent translation service in original format. They do not accept photocopies or electronic copies.

You will receive “Certification by Translator” document printed on our corporate letterhead with our authorized signature and raised (embossed) corporate seal, stamp with a statement as required by the USCIS, NVC, U.S. Passport Agency, and other organizations.