Home/Language Selection

French birth certificate translation

French translation for immigration

French translator


Birth certificate translation

Marriage Certificate Translation

Divorce Decree Translation

Diploma-Transcript translation

Police Report Translation

Passport Translation

Apostille translation

Driver License Translation

Child Adoption Agreement Translation

"I thank you so much! Translation looks outstanding and has arrived in good time for my appointment with immigration lawyer later today." Pamela M. - New York, NY 10128


"Certified" translation of your documents for U.S. Immigration (USCIS)

Since 1982

Immigration News

How-To Videos

Immigration translation articles

"I appreciate your professionalism in translating my Russian marriage certificate for USCIS." Bakhrom V. - Reston, VA 20190



French Marriage Certificate Translation to English by Professional French-English Translators

You need "certified" English translation of your French marriage certificate (extrait d'acte de mariage) to submit it to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly, Immigration and Naturalization ServiceINS) for your Green Card (permanent resident visa), American citizenship, passport, and other applications

French to English translation by a third-party, independent professional translation agency

Translate your French certificate of marriage: Your French marriage certificate is important document in applying for your Green Card, U.S. citizenship, American passport.

Contents of French marriage certificates

Contents and format of French marriage certificates may change depending on year it was issued and agency. A typical French marriage certificate contains your and your spouse’s (husband of wife) first, middle, and last name, maiden name of woman, your and your spouse’s father’s and mother’s name, name of issuing agency and place of registration, name and title of signing officer.

French Marriage Certificate Djibouti

French Birth Certificate Togo


Some French marriage certificates may have additional information and data such as: nationalities, ages, and professions of father and mother, paternal and maternal grandfather and grandmother information, addresses (residences) of father, mother, and grandparents.

Who issues marriage certificates in French language?

All marriages in France must be performed by a French civil authority, in most case, an officier de l'état civil. Then, a religious ceremony follows the civil ceremony. Ministers, priests, and other religious authorities must make sure that certificate of civil marriage (certificat de célébration civile) was obtained before they perform the religious ceremony.

Mayor (maire) or his deputy mayor (adjoint) performs the marriage. In towns, town councilor (conseiller municipal) of the town assumes this duty.

Persons getting married must have their French birth certificates ready to apply for marriage.

Legal basis for "certified" English translations of your marriage certificate and other immigration documents

We prepare our certification per U.S. government requirements (Federal Regulations 8 CFR 103.2 b 2 relating to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Immigration Regulations/Powers and Duties – Availability of Records).

You will receive “Certification by Translator” document printed on our corporate letterhead with our authorized signature and raised (embossed) corporate seal with a statement as required by the USCIS, U.S. Passport Agency, and other organizations.

You need “certified translation” of your French marriage certificate in hard copy

USCIS, U.S. Passport Agency, and many other public and private organizations require “certified translation” of your French marriage license by a third-party, independent translation agency in original format. They do not accept photocopies or electronic copies.